Sunday, January 10, 2010

Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself

Whether you have known me for ages or not, in real life or virtual, below is a sampling of tidbits that most people don't know about me so we can all start from scratch:

My biggest impulse purchase was a Sergio Rossi pump, although I'm pretty sure absolutely no one is surprised that it was shoe-related.

When I am home alone and feelin' it, I sing and sometimes dance. And when I say sing, I mean really wail. Some days I sound like Mariah Carey, some days I sound like Ashlee Simpson, but most days I'm somewhere in between.

Despite believing in the fluidity of sexuality (which may be a later post), I've only recently experienced my first girl-on-girl kiss against my will and was too inebriated to recall any of it. Thank goodness for pictures.

I prefer salty snacks over sweets. While chocolate is delish, I rarely ever crave it.

I had corrective surgery to make my face more symmetrical. One eye had a double eyelid and the other didn't, and putting on makeup was getting to be a nuisance. They operated before the anesthesia set in, and it was quite possibly the most physical pain I have ever experienced.

I like the taste of blood. Sometimes I bite my cuticles until they bleed.

I've never had a crush on an authority figure (e.g. teachers) which is bizarre seeing as though I have fantasies about control. My theory is that it stems from missing a constant father figure in my life.

I was incredibly spoiled as a little girl--first class flights, private schools and designer clothes. That all stopped when I immigrated from Taiwan to America with my mother.

I have seen every single episode of the Amazing Race for all 15 seasons, and counting. If I could, that's how I would choose to live life.

In my first internship in the states, I anchored the news show "Focus on our Town" (affectionately shortened to FOOT) for a community cable channel. Reading from a teleprompter is surprisingly fun.

Even though I've lived in a house with a pool for what seems like forever, I have never had sex in one.

I have a typing speed of 102 wpm, with 98% accuracy.

There is nothing that I've haven't cheated on--tests, games and boyfriends--but that period is distantly behind me.

Although my cartilage piercing swells sometimes when it's infected, I refuse to take it out because I think it somehow embodies my youth.

My biggest fear used to be failure, but been there, done that so many times that now I'm unfazed. I guess I can be reclassified as fearless. Except spiders. They give me the heebie-jeebies.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails